Understanding appropriate use of media elements of text and graphics in multimedia design
In this workshop:
We will examine the role the media elements of text and graphics play in a multimedia title. We will consider how these elements have been used in the work and how they enhance or detract from achieving the intended purpose for the intended audience. We will consider if the media elements used are most appropriate or if other choices should have been made.
As part of assessment series I, You will begin working on assessment template 2.docx using your chosen multimedia work in this workshop. You will need to sumbit this template to your tutor at the beginning of the next workshop.
Your tutor will present a multimedia work to you in this workshop. You will be asked to consider the use of text and still images.
For the chosen work you will:
1. State the URL /title of the product
2. State the genre and category and the purpose of the application
3. State the intended audience
4. Identify some objectives
5. In critically analysing the work, what questions should you ask about the use of text in this work?
6. In critically analysing the work,what questions should you ask about the use of still images in this work?
After this initial exercise you will complete the assessment template 2. docx for your chosen work